I get so deeply involved in TEOCO’s recruitment process that my colleagues sometimes ask if I don’t have anything better to do. Actually, I don’t! Hiring good people is vitally important for a company’s continued success: A few good men can catapult the company to stupendous success, while a few bad hires can send us crashing into ignominy.
The second rule is more subtle: make the prospective candidates feel wanted. Admire his or her success with sincerity, explain the sort of value that they will bring and discuss the likely impact of their work. Everyone likes a compliment.
By treating recruiting as a critical function, you are far more likely to succeed. Actually, it is just like sales … here too you are trying to close a deal! In fact, if you are successful in hiring a great employee, the profit from his recurring contributions over the years may well be the best sales deal you ever closed!
- Recruitment is a critical function (atwhatpricein.wordpress.com)
- Culture of employee ownership (atwhatpricein.wordpress.com)
- The secret of running a profitable business (atwhatpricein.wordpress.com)
- Judge people based on their lifetime’s body of work (atwhatpricein.wordpress.com)
- Spend less than what you make (atwhatpricein.wordpress.com)
- Don’t ever cheat (atwhatpricein.wordpress.com)